Saturday, July 18, 2009

Summer Posting2~

Hello~ It's me, Isaac Again!

Summer is only a month left! I cant believe how fast, and slow this summer is going for me. It's already almost August, and yet, we still have a month left after all that time! It's simply amazing to think I've been doing my thing for 2 months, but Im actually happy about the extra month we have left, because I still havent finished studying the Nakama book (I'm studying 1 chapter a week) and I still want to do lots of things before I get back to school (I need to hopefully win some scholarships to help pay for school, more exercise, finish studying the book, get alot of reading done and etc. and etc.).

Yesterday while studying Japanese I learned something new. Apparently, if you place たい at the end of a verb stem (ex. 食べます minus the ます, so just 食べ), it expresses your desire to do that action. So 食べます(I am eating) turns to 食べたい(I want to eat). Isn't that just AMAZING??? LOL I don't know if that's in the later chapters of Nakama or not, but I had fun discovering it, so whatever~~ :) Studying Japanese is just so much fun, I cant believe I didnt know this kind of thing existed back in Highschool (not that I didnt know there was a language called Japanese, I just didnt realize it could be so much fun!!) I think I made the right choice when I picked my major and my minor~ So far, everything seems to be working out fine for me academic wise.

Now to next business, I need to get some MONEY!!! Hopefully the scholarships that I apply to will pick me and give me what I need to continue my education with, because frankly speaking, my family is in no condition to pay almost 10,000 dollars a year on my education. I mean, it was a freakin miracle that we even paid through my first year in school, and with my 2 brothers (oncoming seniors and sophomores in highschool) almost in college, I would have to earn my own money for school, or pretty soon my parents will be burdened with 3 kids going to college, and unless ur a millionaire, I dont think anyone could pay that kind of money every year. So, with that bleak future in mind, I need to make some money, either through scholarships or a job, and I dont have a job, so option number one is good. But so far, I havent won any ever, and I'm not very confident that I will get any, but I will still try my hardest~!!

If that doesnt work, then I would have to get loans to pay for college, and I really dont want to do that because its everything that I would have to pay back later, and I dont want to be burdened with that kind of disadvantage in the future, when I want to pursue what I want to do.

Ahhh, the future seems so harsh and bleak (I shouldn't be complaining, there are ppl waaaaay worse off than I am) but the only thing I can do for now is concetrate and do my hardest on what Im doing currently. THe future will work itself out.

So for all of you that is worrying about their future, just dont worry about it!!! haha if you worry too much about the future, then you're going to miss the good times here and now, so just try to give the best you've got now, and the Future will work itself out... I hope hehe.

Till next time then~

2 comments:

AstralArcanum said...

It's amazing because I remembered that kanji without guess what it was.

That's pretty interesting. I'll have to rememeber that.

Anonymous said...

yes たい is in the later chapters of the nakama book. there is a mistake in the book that i need to point out to you...but i'll do that later.....


and about the money thing...basically...if you don't get scholarships and can't afford it you have two options. Loans or....drop out. :/ the world sucks.