Thursday, November 6, 2008

Deep Thoughts about the Election...

Alright, so your MAIN ATTRACTION is back...

(Thanks Isaac and TBP for updating the site while I had nothing to say, keep it up!)

I would like to copy a post from a friend I knew a long time ago, and her post. She currently lives in Seattle, Washington, at least if I remember correctly.

Thanks Dr. Melly Chan!

- I flipped the bird at some people who were holding Dino Rossi and John McCain signs yesterday. Yeah, it was uncalled for and bad sportsmanship. I was feeling bitter. Republicans have come to stand for oppressive religion and taking away rights, Constitional and otherwise. It's a party that seems led by greed, rather than humanitarianism. They deserve nothing but disdain from me.

Now I have some really good friends that are republican, and while I respect their opinions, I really felt that this year had bad reasons written all over the campaign.
I don't want to get deeper into politics, because it's a personal thing. Plus I hate arguing.

- Regardless of who won, the fact that so many people were involved this year made me really happy. The energy was really contagious, and for once people FELT something. I'm sick of the torpor that was consuming the American public.

Yeah, I was surprised too at the fact that SO MANY PEOPLE came out to vote and definitely realized that their vote can make a difference.

- BJ Shea on the radio this morning was talking about how, by electing Obama, we've overcome our slavery roots. While that sounded just a little bit foofoo to me, he then asked what other country can claim that- that definitely struck home. Very true. I can't imagine Chinese people getting over their prejudices any time soon.

Some asian people, and my parents especially my mom, have some prejudice against black people. Why? I don't know. It's really annoying as well.

But definitely after reading that I feel like our country CAN actually say that we've overcome our slavery roots, as it is very important that Obama had been elected president. It's like a shock to the world that anyone can be anything they want to be as long as they work hard. It's really inspiring.


- Someone yesterday called into the Men's Room (radio show I'm absolutely hooked on) and said that African-Americans really need to drop the 'African-'. This is something I'd never thought about before. Unless you are the first or second generation or so, drop it. You're American. Shutup.

American is supposed to be a description that says where your from, not your race or skin color. The whole African- thing while it can be used still, it really shouldn't in my opinion because honestly, if you're from America wether born here or lived here for a majority of your life, you're technically American. Why would you say otherwise? Right?

(Except for Isaac who is a stupid Korean commie =P Just kidding.)

So after the election was over, and Obama was claimed to be president, (keep reading...) I logged onto my Paladin for an instance run on WoW. We invited another person into my instance running group, and he got pissed that Obama won. His reason why is 'A n***a is my president. He is destroying what our forefathers have created for our country!'

What the fuck? Why would you say that? Definitely wrong in my opinion. In the DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE which is what our FOREFATHERS created, it simply states in the beginning of the constitution 'We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal...' After saying that, he was promptly booted out of the party with a swift kick to the ass. Racism should not exist anymore.

It saddens me though that some people voted McCain because they couldn't imagine Obama leading our country, because he was black. Goes to show you that not everyone is willing to change just yet...

Change is coming... I'm ready. Are you?

No comments: